In Connecticut, it is possible to expedite the divorce process and have your divorce finalized in less than 30 days. In order to qualify, couples must:
1. Not be married for more than eight years;
2. Have no minor children of the marriage;
3. Not own real estate jointly;
4. At least one of the parties must be a Connecticut resident;
5. Total combined assets must be less than $35,000; and
6. Neither party has a defined benefit pension plan.
Couples who do not meet these requirements may waive the waiting period if they have reached a full agreement on all issues, and finalize their divorce in less than 30 days.